Last Five posts

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Making a work table !



I woke up around 5.15 am after the village morning alarm sounded "Cockaraco"! Peacocks and cuckoo birds started their morning symphony. After the morning rituals i went to the farm to plan the day after a quick breakfast made by Aval ( flattened Boiled rice) and country sugar soaked in water for 15 minutes. I wanted to build a work table for my laptop to do my regular office work. Raman my neighbouring former who knows a bit of carpentary and masonry has arrived to build my working table. We decided on an unbonded Brick table covered with a recycled wood top! We have marked the place and started the brick work without mortar so that we can dismantle it once we have our proper wooden table. We finished it around noon. I sat and checked the comfort level. A bit of fine-tuning went on for a few minutes and our work table was ready for my laptop!


I took a quick lunch again with Aval and Mr.Raman brought me some fresh oranges and gua fruits. They were plucked from the trees just an hour ago! The fresh aroma of the fruits and the sweetness of the chocked Aval filled the gap lightly and i tried to connect to the net via my cellphone and laptop. I dont have the electricity and i should finish my configurations in an hours time cause i am using a laptop battery that was bought 3years ago. But i could not do it in one hour. So i decided to return to my base camp ( Mr.Vincent's nursery) without proceeding any other masonry work. Mr. Raman wanted to go to Palakkad to look after his ailing son and hence we started in our car to the nearby village joint Anaikatty.



On reaching anaikatty i went on for searching a netcafe! None is there with a working internet connection. But i found a local digital studio guy with a computer and a dialup ! I asked him to rent the set up and we agreed on Rs 20/hour tarrif. But his key board was a junky one with so many keys got stucked while typing and typing the passwords was a very trickyaffair! I asked the studio guys permission to connect my Laptop instead of his old system and he readily agreed. I could post yesterdays notes and returned back in the evening. Mr Rajan brought some Mixed Vegetable Rice from his home and we finished our simple dinner around 8.30 pm. In the village, all are going to bed before nine ! We in the city used to strech our day till the midnight watching TVs ! You must come to my farm to see the vision power of the tribals! They could spot a person in the forest two miles away from us, where we could not spot even an elephant! I went to sleep after listening some old numbers of Raja in the zen mp3 player!

By Osai Chella,Blogger & Podcaster in Tamil

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr Chella

    It is very interesting to read your LiFe diary.

    Please keep updating... I'm eagarly waiting for your updates.

    Best regards

    Renga

    ReplyDelete